- “We have worked with Carter & Tani for over 20 years on our annual registration renewals and for their opinion with respect to general matters of franchise law that have arisen arise throughout those years. We appreciate that they stay up-to-date on changes in the law and keep us informed, as applicable, regarding the effect of those to our company. As a publicly traded company, it is important that we protect ourselves from liability that could negatively impact us or our shareholders. Carter & Tani understand our needs and have always presented us with well thought-out opinion and recommendations for any matters on which we have sought their counsel. We believe we are treated as a valued client and receive consistently prompt and courteous follow-up.”
~Michael K. Murtaugh, Vice President/General Counsel, BAB Systems, Inc.
- “I have known Doris Carter for over 8 years. During that time, I have had the pleasure of working with her as she handled all of our transactional legal matters. Ms. Carter has an excellent knowledge of franchise law. She is focused and steadfast in achieving the desired results for her clients. Always promptly responding to any and all calls, emails, etc. In this litigious franchise world we live in today, she has always given me the comfort of knowing all of our legal rights are protected. When it comes to attorney’s fees, I have always been very wary of being fairly billed for legal services rendered, but with Doris Carter the billing has always been fair and honest, with no surprises. Extremely professional, knowledgeable, determined – without any hesitation — highly recommended.”
~Anthony Rosati, Vice President, Rosati’s Franchising, Inc.
- “I have been working with Christine over 8 years. From an In-house counsel’s perspective, it is important to me that I can call and work directly with my attorney on our files. Christine is the one. Her work has substantially reduced my burden for franchise compliance issues in a cost-effective manner. She is always client-oriented and up-to-date in tackling challenges and changes in our business. I have very much appreciated Christine’s work ethic, experience and professionalism in managing my company’s franchise documentation. It’s our pleasure to have Carter & Tani to be our partner.”
~Alan Luk Director, Legal & Development, Sarku Japan
- “I have worked with Carter & Tani for over 20 years. I recommend their firm to my franchise clients and am completely confident that my clients will receive the best legal representation, guidance and expertise in franchise law. I urge any start-up or existing franchisor to retain this firm for their franchise needs.”
~Senior Consultant, Franchise Consulting Company
- “During our 10+ year relationship, Doris has become more of a trusted business partner than an attorney. When seeking her advice, Doris quickly grasps the relevant points in our discussion and responds in plain English – identifying potential risks and concerns. More importantly, she provides a recommended solution.”
~Robert Miller, President, Jan-Pro of Northern Illinois
- “Chefs for Seniors’ decision to franchise came with some trepidation and many questions. It was important for us to find a firm that specialized in franchise law, one that could guide us through the legal process and be there for us long term. From the beginning, Carter & Tani listened to our goals and objectives and helped us to clearly understand our legal obligations and responsibilities. Working together with Carter & Tani has proven to be both informative and enjoyable. Their professionalism, responsiveness, and counsel have exceeded our expectations and it has been a pleasure to work with them.”
~Barrett Allman, Lisa Allman and Nathan Allman, Co-Founders, Chefs For Seniors
- “We have been using the services of Carter and Tani for over 9 years for a wide variety of legal services (review and creation of Franchise Disclosure Documents, franchise agreements, merging corporations, buying and selling business locations, and countless customer service contracts and confidentiality agreements). Our biggest concern when making the change 9 years ago was whether the distance (as we are on the eastern coast in multiple states) would be a hindrance. That certainly has not been the case as we have received far superior consultation and service compared to our previous local counsel. We are always amazed at how quickly and thoroughly requests are completed. We cannot say enough positive about the support that we have received!!”
~President of Subfranchisor Company