In May, I celebrated 5 years as an Associate Attorney with Carter & Tani and 5 years as a franchise attorney. While the learning curve was steep, in these past 5 years I have developed a passion for franchise law and providing services and advice to our franchise clients.
Through the training and leadership of partners Doris Carter and Christine Tani, I now am able to confidently provide the following services to our franchisor clients:
- Prepare FDDs and Franchise Agreement for compliance with the FTC Rule and various state franchise laws
- Prepare initial and renewal applications for franchisors’ state registrations and make necessary FDD and Franchise Agreement updates
- Conduct Franchise Law Compliance Training
- Review Franchisors’ Operations Manuals for Franchise Law Compliance
- Advise Franchisors on franchisee relationship issues, including renewals, terminations, defaults and transfers
For clients looking to purchase a franchise, I provide a fixed fee review of the Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD) and Franchise Agreement. This service includes the review of the documents, a written memo describing my findings and general advice regarding the purchase of a franchise, and a meeting with the client to discuss the review.
I also assist franchisees with exit strategies or other options when they are not satisfied with the franchise business they are operating..
Additionally, I provide the following services to our franchise and other business clients:
- Commercial Lease Review
- Contract Drafting and Negotiation
- Purchase and Sale of Businesses
- Trademark/Service Mark Registration and Counseling
I look forward to providing these services to and maintaining relationships with our clients for years to come.